Intel today announced its fourth quarter 2012 as well as full year results. The company reported its strong fourth quarter financial performance including revenue of $13.5 billion with earnings per share of $0.48 and a total net income of $2.5 billion for the quarter.
For the full year, the company reported the revenue of $53.3 billion, an operating income of $14.6 billion, and net income of $11 billion with earnings per share of $2.13. The company generated an approximately $18.9 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $4.4 billion and used $4.8 billion to repurchase 191 million shares of stock.
Q4 Key Financial Highlights:
- PC Client Group revenue of $8.5 billion, down 1.5 percent sequentially and down 6 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $2.8 billion, up 7 percent sequentially and up 4 percent year-over-year.
- Other Intel® architecture group revenue of $1.0 billion, down 14 percent sequentially and down 7 percent year-over-year.
- Gross margin of 58 percent, 1.0 percentage point above the midpoint of the company’s expectation of 57 percent.
- R&D plus MG&A spending $4.6 billion, in line with the company’s expectation of approximately $4.5 billion.
- Tax rate of 23 percent, below the company’s expectation of approximately 27 percent.