IBM today reported its first quarter 2013 results with the diluted earnings of $2.70 per share, a year-to-year increase of 3 percent. Operating (non-GAAP) diluted earnings were $3.00 per share, compared with operating diluted earnings of $2.78 per share in the first quarter of 2012, an increase of 8 percent.
First-quarter net income was $3.0 billion, down 1 percent year-to-year. Operating (non-GAAP) net income was $3.4 billion compared with $3.3 billion in the first quarter of 2012, an increase of 3 percent. Total revenues for the first quarter of 2013 of $23.4 billion were down 5 percent (down 3 percent) from the first quarter of 2012.
Business Units Financials:
- Systems and Technology revenue down 17 percent, down 16 percent
- Growth markets revenue down 1 percent, up 1 percent
- Business analytics revenue up 7 percent
- Smarter Planet revenue up more than 25 percent
- Cloud revenue up more than 70 percent
Latest posts by Karan Chopra (see all)
- Facebook: Always Helping… Facebook (Comic) - March 5, 2014
- I’d Like To Deposit This Check Into My Bank Account (Comic) - March 4, 2014
- Data Loss And Disaster Recovery (Infographic) - March 4, 2014