Google announced that within the last 90 days it has seen more than 100,000 complain about software which changed users’ browser settings or about toolbars which they could not uninstall. In order to make thing workable, the search giant hardened its policies and rules to prevent abuse. Google has updated its advertising policies and enforcement stating that software accessing its services must:
- Be pre-approved by Google;
- Offer one-click, complete uninstall;
- Provide clear, full disclosure and transparency to people about what is being installed and what changes are being made to their devices;
- Install itself on only one browser per download;
- Be bundled with and distributed by only reputable parties who comply with our policies.