With starting informing Glass Explorers that their Glass prototypes are ready to ship, the search giant has posted Mirror API developer documentation and example code. The site gives developers instructions over on how to build “Glassware” for the upcoming platform and offers sample projects in Java and Python. It further provides guidelines on how users and developers can interact with Glass, what makes great Glassware and developer policies and terms of services that need to be followed.
The company also shared the technical specs for Glass:
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.
- High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos – 5 MP
- Videos – 720p
- Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi – 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
- One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
- Compatible with any Bluetooth-capable phone.
- The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.