Google today announced the launch of its new “Help for hacked sites” website, an informational series which will help you the time when you found yourself in the stage when your website gets compromised. The search giant with the site aims to help the site owners whose websites being hacked.
The series features collection of both articles and videos ranging “from the basics of what it means for a site to be hacked to diagnosing specific malware infection types.” Google defines the move as “to avoid ever needing this resource yourself,” the site owners have “to implement a security and maintenance plan” which includes:
- Be vigilant about keeping software updated.
- Understand the security practices of all applications, plug-ins, third-party software, and so on, before you install them on your server. A security vulnerability in one software application can affect the safety of your entire site.
- Remove unnecessary or unused software.
- Enforce creation of strong passwords.
- Keep all devices used to log in to your servers secure (updated operating system and browser).
- Make regular, automated site backups.