Google today announced the 41 new Google+ features at Google’s I/O 2013 Conference. Here is a long list shared by Google’s Vic Gundotra while on stage:
- New stream, new photo experience, and new Hangouts.
- New stream experience across all devices.
- New design is multi-column, up to three columns.
- Photos and videos can span multiple columns.
- Introducing the related hashtags.
- More than half of all sharing on Google+ is done in private circles.
- New standalone Android app called Hangouts which will work on web, Android and iOS all available today.
- UI is a list of conversations, not contacts. Contacts are one tap away.
- On Photos, the Google added backup, highlight and enhanced with adding storage to backup of 15GB of full res photos.
“We are incredibly grateful to the millions of you who’ve joined Google+, and we can think of no better thank you than to keep innovating,” Gundotra said. “We’re also fixing a long standing problem with today’s social streams: they’re flat.”
For all live coverage, click here.