According to a new survey comes from Abine (via ZDNet), 70 percent of Facebook users do not trust the social networking giant with their personal information. The survey polled Facebook users about their sharing and posting habits, as well as changes they have made to their profile and privacy settings.
Here are some of the results:
- 76 percent growth in the number of Facebook users adjusting their privacy setting between 2009-2011.
- Only 8 percent of users polled have never changed their privacy settings.
- 43 percent increase in the number of Facebook users who said they are “very concerned” about their privacy after the IPO compared to before the IPO.
While seeking privacy are major concerns with the users on Facebook although a larger number share their personal information on their profiles:
- 88 percent reported sharing gender.
- 84 percent reported sharing photos.
- 74 percent reported sharing date of birth.
- 63 percent reported sharing relationship status.
- 40 percent reported sharing sexual orientation.