Dell seemingly fall down on its fourth quarter earnings expectation, the company announced it quarter and fiscal year results – accounted revenue of $62.1 billion for the fiscal year, $16 billion in Q4, record enterprise solutions and services revenue of $18.6 billion for fiscal year whereas $4.9 billion in Q4 and Cash flow from operations of $5.5 billion for fiscal year with $1.8 billion in Q4 -earnings per share of $1.88 (GAAP) and $2.13 (Non-GAAP), and revenue from enterprise solutions and services of $18.6 billion.
- Revenue in the quarter was $16 billion, a 2 percent increase over the previous year. Dell had an extra week in its fiscal year 2012 that was incorporated into the company’s Q4. Revenue for the 2012 fiscal year was $62.1 billion, a 1 percent increase.
- GAAP earnings per share in the quarter was 43 cents, down 10 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP EPS was 51 cents, down 4 percent. For the fiscal year, GAAP EPS was $1.88, up 39 percent year over year and Non-GAAP EPS was $2.13, up 34 percent, both records.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $931 million, or 5.8 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $1.1 billion, or 7.1 percent of revenue. For the fiscal year, GAAP operating income was $4.4 billion and non-GAAP operating income was $5.1 billion, both records.
- Cash flow from operations in the quarter was $1.8 billion, and Dell ended Q4 with $18.2 billion in cash and investments. For the fiscal year, Dell spent $2.7 billion to purchase 178 million shares of Dell stock.
Latest posts by Karan Chopra (see all)
- I’m Looking For My Father (Comic) - March 10, 2014
- Facebook: Always Helping… Facebook (Comic) - March 5, 2014
- I’d Like To Deposit This Check Into My Bank Account (Comic) - March 4, 2014