Dell has announced its fiscal 2013 third-quarter results with reporting the revenue of $13.7 billion, GAAP operating income of $589 million and GAAP earnings of $0.27 per share. Dell’s enterprise solution strategy continued to show positive results with server and networking revenue increasing 11 percent year over year.
“We are consistently executing our end-to-end solutions strategy for the benefit of our customers,” said Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO. “In the quarter, we completed the acquisition of Quest Software which – along with other recent acquisitions like SonicWALL and Wyse – adds leading management, security, virtualization and cloud capabilities to our expanding portfolio of powerful solutions.”
Business Units and Regions Highlights:
- Large Enterprise revenue was $4.2 billion in the quarter, an 8 percent decline. Operating income was $325 million, or 7.8 percent of revenue.
- Public revenue was $3.8 billion, an 11 percent decrease. O perating income for the quarter was $352 million, or 9.2 percent of revenue.
- Small and Medium Business revenue was $3.3 billion, a 1 percent decline. Operating income was $349 million, or 10.6 percent of revenue.
- Consumer revenue was $2.5 billion, a 23 percent decline. Operating loss was $65 million or minus 2.7 percent of revenue.
- Revenue in Americas was down 9 percent; Asia-Pacific and Japan was down 11 percent; and EMEA was down 15 percent.