Can you name a single person who does not like pizza? Pizza is a universal food loved by all! There are so many variations of pizza, along with several recipes for pizza sauce, toppings and dough. During winters, making your pizza from scratch can be the ideal thing to do on one of those freezing weekend nights. There’s nothing better than biting into that first slice of hot and fresh homemade pizza. Making your own pizza at home is also a great way to avoid unnecessary calories and add some serious nutrients and flavours by choosing your own fresh toppings. However, a homemade pizza can also turn out to be a disaster if you’re not careful.
Here are some tips you need to follow while making a pizza at home.
Select A Flavorful Sauce
The sauce should be the first thing you think about when you are attempting to make a homemade pizza, as it is an important part of the pizza. A flavorful and tangy sauce with fresh spices and herbs can add loads of flavour to your pizza, so you don’t have to adda lot of cheese or high-calorie toppings to make it taste good.
Choosing the Perfect Cheese
Choosing cheese for your homemade pizza is no delicate matter because you want to get the flavour just perfect. For the classic pizza taste, your number one choice should be mozzarella. However, when choosing your mozzarella, you should try to buy fresh mozzarella for the best results. To add more depth to your pizza’s flavour, you can always mix different cheese together like provolone, gouda, or gruyere cheese. Furthermore, try to avoid processed and oily cheeses when making your homemade pizza.
Pile on The Flavours
Toppings are known to either make your pizza or break it, so piling on fresh veggies, herbs and spices is the key to making a mouthwatering pizza.Some of the most popular pizza veggies includered peppers, mushrooms, garlic, jalapenos, spinach, brussels sprouts, and basil.
Get the Perfect Pizza Base
Once you’ve mastered the dough, you’re well on your way to pizza perfection.
Kent Atta Maker & Bread Maker is the best atta kneader available in the market, which can help you make a perfect base for your pizza. This atta kneader gets rid of all the problems related to kneading atta with bare hands.
Recipe to Make the Perfect Homemade Pizza for Winters
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil to it. Sauté green chillies, ginger, and garlic for few seconds.
- Add bell peppers, capsicum, thinly chopped tomato, and onions.
- Mix the vegetables with salt as per preference.
- Cook the veggies on amedium-high flame until they are tender.
- Then add cubes of cottage cheese and boiled sweet corns.
- Mix everything gently and cook well for around 2 more minutes.
- After the veggies have been cooked, switch off the gas and remove the mixture from the flame.
- Now add water, salt, oil, refine flour and instant yeast to the atta maker and create a dough for the pizza base.
- Apply some butter and spread pizza sauce evenly on pizza the base.
- Now top the pizza base with 2 tbsp. of mozzarella cheese, along with the veggies.
- Heat the pan or griddle overmedium-high heat and add a little amount of butterto it.
- Place the pizza base on the hot pan and leave it to cook on a low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Now cover the pizza with any U-shaped vessel from upside down.
- Keep checking the pizza in between. Once the cheese starts melting, remove the hot pizza from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Cut your freshly made homemade pizza into desired pieces and sprinkle some oregano and chilli flakes and serve immediately.
One of the greatest things about knowing how to cook is that you can turn whatever is in your fridge into a wonderful and delicious meal for family and friends! In chilly winters, you don’t have to bother waiting around for delivery when you can make yourself a scrumptious homemade pizza under an hour.