Canon’s 5D Mark III early users reported that light can leak through the spot and confuse the camera’s Automatic Exposure (AE) sensor – over on this the company has investigated into the matter. The company product advisories read: concerning the EOS 5D Mark III digital SLR camera, when the LCD panel illuminates in extremely dark environments, the displayed exposure value may change. Canon has concluded the investigation of this phenomenon, and the announcement informs users of findings that company concluded:
In extremely dark environments, if the LCD panel illuminates, the displayed exposure value may change. However, based on the results of extensive testing this change in exposure value will not noticeably affect the captured image.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
*Products whose sixth digit in the serial number is 1 or 2 are affected.
For example, “xxxxx1xxxxxx” or “xxxxx2xxxxxx” ([x] represents any optional number.)
Under almost all shooting conditions (including dark environments) this phenomenon will not affect your captured images. However, if you would like Canon to inspect your camera, the company will provide this service free of charge upon request beginning in mid-May.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Supports a new accessory, GPS receiver GP-E2.
- Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the camera’s power turned off (by the auto power off setting).
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera operation stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time.
- Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands.
- Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.0.7. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware. The new Firmware Version 1.1.2 can be downloaded by clicking here.