AT&T this morning announced third quarter 2012 results. The company reported consolidated revenues of $31.5 billion, with strong 2.6 percent consolidated revenue growth when adjusted for Advertising Solutions. The company reported $0.63 diluted EPS compared to $0.61 diluted EPS in the third quarter of 2011; $0.62 compared to $0.59 when adjusted for sale of Advertising Solutions, up more than 5 percent year over year
The company saw 18.3 percent growth in wireless data revenues, up more than $1 billion versus the year-earlier quarter. 38.3 percent growth in U-verse revenues and 11.4 percent growth in strategic business services revenues. Further, the company reported record cash from operations of $11.5 billion and record free cash flow of $6.5 billion in third quarter; full-year free cash flow guidance increases $2 billion to $18 billion or higher.
- Strongest postpaid wireless subscriber ARPU (average monthly revenues per subscriber) growth in six quarters, up 2.4 percent to $65.20; phone-only ARPU up almost 3 percent
- Strong smartphone sales of 6.1 million; postpaid smartphone customer base now 44.5 million, up 1.4 million from second quarter 2012
- 4.7 million iPhones activated; record sales quarter for Android and Windows smartphones
- 678,000 net increase in total wireless subscribers, including gains in every customer category
- 7.4 million total AT&T U-verse subscribers (TV and high speed Internet) in service; almost 200,000 net gain in U-verse TV subscribers and 613,000 net gain in high speed Internet subscribers