Apple and Samsung – in their global “lawsuit” battle – Apple added another flurry this time with its latest complaint alleging 17 devices which infringes 8 of its patents against Samsung. The Cupertino’s based company in its latest preliminary injunction bid focused on only one out of 17 products and on four out of eight patents. Apple isn’t just targeting the Galaxy Nexus with the recent preliminary injunction it has made against Samsung to ban the Galaxy Nexus in US, attacking Android 4.0 with 4 tough patents earlier.
These patents are not included in the preliminary injunction bid.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,847,959 on a “universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,014,760 on “missed telephone call management for a portable multifunction device”
- U.S. Patent No. 5,666,502 on a “graphical user interface using historical lists with field classes”
- U.S. Patent No. 7,761,414 on “asynchronous data synchronization amongst devices”
List of identified products:
Apple’s infringement allegations are not limited to the following list of products, but the fact that Apple names them in the complaint certainly makes them the immediate target, overall this lawsuit is going to be huge.
- Galaxy S II Skyrocket
- Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
- Galaxy S II – T-Mobile
- Galaxy S II – AT&T
- Galaxy Nexus
- Captivate Glide
- Exhibit II 4G
- Transform Ultra
- Conquer 4G
- Galaxy Player 4.0
- Galaxy Player 5.0
- Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- Galaxy Tab 8.9