9to5 Mac reports that Apple has released a minor iOS 5.1.1 update whose primarily purpose is to addresses bugs. The update sizes 54.5MB for a Verizon iPhone 4S, and comes about two months after the release of iOS 5.1, which included Japanese language support for Siri, the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream, and a redesigned camera app.
The release log:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where “Unable to Purchase” alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
- The update is available now via the Software Update panel inside iOS’s Settings app.