Apple’s CEO Tim Cook at its ongoing WWDC 2013 Keynote today announced the following numbers:
- 64% of attendees are here for the first time.
- We sold out WWDC in just over a minute.
- The App Store will celebrate its fifth birthday next month.
- 50 billion apps downloaded.
- 900,000 apps in the store.
- 375,000 apps designed for iPad.
- Paid developers $10 billion.
- 72 Mac installed base.
- #1 Notebook in US.
- Average annual growth rate for Mac is 15% versus 3% for PCs.
- 35% of users are using Mountain Lion.
- 28 million copies of Mountain Lion shipped, more than any other Mac release.
- The engine in Safari is used by over 1.5 billion devices.
- Mac install base now 72 million, up 100% in 5 years.
- 300m users of iTunes in the cloud.
- iPhone users use their phones 50% more than Android users.
Mobile shopping traffic is higher on iOS devices.
Over 90% of iOS users are using the latest version of iOS.
To catch WWDC 2013 updates, click here.